Takacat Sport Series Inflatable Catamarans
Takacat 260 S Inflatable Catamaran
Takacat 300 S Inflatable Catamaran
Takacat 340 S Inflatable Catamaran
Takacat 380 S Inflatable Catamaran
Introducing the Sport Series
Our Traditional Closed Bow Design
Key Design Features:
- Catamaran design provides stability and allows boat to be propelled faster with less horsepower
- Tapered closed bow design for customers desiring a more traditional design
- Revolutionary open transom allows the deck to train continuously so the boat never holds water
- Non-skid, ultra-UV stabilized, high-pressure air deck floor makes for slip-free fun
- Heavy-duty rubber under-tube protection allows for easy beaching and transporting
- Packs down into two carry bags for easy transport and compact storage
- Available in 4 models; 8’6”, 9’10”, 11’2”, and 12’6”
Available Takacat Boats:
Takacat 260 S Inflatable Boat
Takacat 300 S Inflatable Boat
Takacat 340 S Inflatable Boat
Takacat 380 S Inflatable Boat
Takacat Portable Inflatable Boat FAQs
- Is a Takacat easy to set up?
The Takacats are designed for quick and easy assembly. No mucking around with heavy and complicated floorboard systems. Inflation with the supplied manual pump takes 8-15 minutes depending on the Takacat size and your fitness level. Inflation by our speedy electric pump takes 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the Takacat you are inflating.
1. Inflate main tubes to 3psi / 22.5kpa
2. Insert Tube Transom bars. Tip - rub down Tube Transom with soapy water as this will make sliding the transom bars in much easier.
3. Fit motor mount transom boards with supplied eye bolt
4. Insert and inflate floor to 10psi / 65kpa
5. Use webbing straps to connect bow D rings
6. Attach oars
7. Fit outboard motor
8. Check required safety equipment, bylaws and weather conditions prior to departure.
- Is a Takacat boat easy to deflate and stow?
The innovative, fully removable transom enables the Takacat to be rolled-up smaller, easier and lighter than traditional inflatable boats that have a fixed transom. A big advantage when it comes to handling, transportation and/or storage. Ideal for the caravan, motor home and foldaway tender markets.
Where are Takacat portable inflatable boats manufactured?
Designed, developed and tested by founder Greg Sowden in Auckland, New Zealand. These versatile inflatable boats are then CE tested and custom-built in Takacat's Chinese factory using quality components from around the world.
What is the Takacat price?
The Takacat price depends on the model of portable inflatable boat that you choose. However, we feel confident in saying that for the stability and durability of these dinghies, they're very cost effective.
Takacat Inflatable Catamaran Warranty Policy
Both PVC & Hypalon have a 3-year warranty against defects and deterioration that affect usability as aging, cracking, or delamination. Air Filling pipe seams have a 2-year warranty. Additionally, parts and equipment, including the high-pressure deck, carry handle, "D" rings, bow, seat, lid, paddles, oars, will be free from defects in material and structure for 2 years from the date of purchase.