Takacat 420 LX
Takacat 420 LX
The Takacat 420 LX, also known as the Lite X, is the pinnacle in portable inflatable boat performance and design. Easily powered by oar or outboard, the Takacat 420 LX is a powerful safety boat:
- Overall Length: 13'-9"
- Outboard Range (SOLD SEPARATELY): 6hp to 25hp; Short Shaft
- Weight: 111 lb.
- Catamaran Hull Design
- Quick-Drain Stainless Tube Transom®
- East-Board Open Bow
- Stable and fast inflatable catamaran design
- Tube Transom® is removable for small pack-away
- Industry best Takacat catamaran after-sales support
- Easy, inexpensive re-tubing
- Integrated Takacat accessories, like the quick release wheel mounts
- Rows easily
The Takacat Lite X is the largest in the Takacat range and boasts oversized 0.55m diameter tubes. The 420 LX is perhaps one of the largest truly portable inflatable catamarans on the market due to the original Takacat removable Tube Transom®.
The packed up tube size is 0.85m x 0.7 m x 0.35m x 32kg, floor + transom additional. With it's 4 + 1 safety chambers, raised floor and open / removable transom design the Takacat 420 LX is well suited to a wide variety of uses such as flood rescue, coach and support boats through to the true adventurer.
Takacat Inflatable Catamaran Warranty Policy
Both PVC & Hypalon have a 3-year warranty against defects and deterioration that affect usability as aging, cracking, or delamination. Air Filling pipe seams have a 2-year warranty. Additionally, parts and equipment, including the high-pressure deck, carry handle, "D" rings, bow, seat, lid, paddles, oars, will be free from defects in material and structure for 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Is a Takacat easy to set up?
The Takacats are designed for quick and easy assembly. No mucking around with heavy and complicated floorboard systems. Inflation with the supplied manual pump takes 8 - 15minutes depending on the Takacat size and your fitness level. Inflation by our speedy electric pump takes 5 - 8 minutes, depending on the size of Takacat you are inflating.
1. Inflate main tubes to 3psi / 22.5kpa
2. Insert Tube Transom bars. Tip - rub down Tube Transom with soapy water as this will make sliding the transom bars in much easier.
3. Fit motor mount transom boards with supplied eye bolt
4. Insert and inflate floor to 10psi / 65kpa
5. Use webbing straps to connect bow D rings
6. Attach oars
7. Fit outboard motor
8. Check required safety equipment, bylaws and weather conditions prior to departure.
- Is a Takacat boat easy to deflate and stow?
The innovative, fully removable transom enables the Takacat to be rolled-up smaller, easier and lighter than traditional inflatable boats that have a fixed transom. A big advantage when it comes to handling, transportation and/or storage. Ideal for the caravan, motor home and foldaway tender markets.
Where are Takacat portable inflatable boats manufactured?
Designed, developed and tested by founder Greg Sowden in Auckland, New Zealand. These versatile inflatable catamaran boats are then CE tested and custom-built in Takacat's Chinese factory using quality components from around the world.
|Rec. Outboard||15-20HP; Short Shaft|
|Capacity||7 people or 1,576lbs|